This is a great opportunity for a talented advocacy professional to join a new, dynamic, and growing team advocating for solutions to some of humanity’s biggest challenges in the 21st Century. The successful candidate will spend 50% of their time implementing our global government relations strategy on child nutrition for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation. The rest of their time will be spent on a range of other cutting edge advocacy projects.
Future Advocacy was founded in September 2015 by Olly Buston. Olly previously launched the ONE (www.one.org) brand outside the USA and was Europe Director for the ONE campaign for 7 years, responsible for all ONE’s policy, advocacy, campaigns, digital, media, and advocacy work. He was a key architect of the Make Poverty History Campaign and staffed Bono and Bob Geldof for all their global work in relation to the G8 and G20. He has also worked as Movement Director for the anti-slavery organisation Walk Free; as an Executive Director of the Labour Party; and as Senior Advocacy Officer for Oxfam in Washington, DC.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Advocacy strategy development
- Lobbying of target governments and multilateral organisations
- Researching and writing briefing papers, letters, policy statements, blogs, articles etc.
- Collaborate with a wide range of global partners in pursuit of advocacy objectives
- Research and develop advocacy training programme
- A range of other tasks as required
Skills and Experience
- Extensive global advocacy experience
- Ability to represent the organisation to high level individuals
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills
- Enthusiastic, flexible team player
- Understanding of global nutrition issues is desirable
Terms and Conditions
Initial 12 months contract
Pay: TBD based on experience
Send your CV and a covering letter with evidence of how you meet the skills and experience requirements above to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: July 22nd