Careers at future advocacy
We currently don't have any vacancies but come back soon. You can also email us at email@example.com.
This vacancy has now closed
We're hiring a Research, Advocacy, and Communications Coordinator
Future Advocacy is a think tank and consultancy that aims to tackle humanity’s biggest challenges in the 21st Century. We work with several high profile clients including Jamie Oliver Food Foundation, Elton John AIDS Foundation and Theirworld to develop and implement their advocacy strategies. We also have an exciting project focused on advocating for artificial intelligence that is beneficial for humanity. We aim to secure policy change through high impact advocacy.
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional recent graduate to be thrown in at the deep end in a small, growing organisation. They will quickly develop a range of skills, including research, advocacy, event planning, and communications. They will work directly alongside the Founder/CEO as part of our high performing small team.
The Founder/CEO previously was Director of the ONE campaign across Europe for 7 years, responsible for all ONE’s policy, campaigns, digital, media, and advocacy work. He was a key architect of the Make Poverty History Campaign and staffed Bono and Bob Geldof for all their global work in relation to the G8 and G20. He has also worked as Movement Director for the anti-slavery organisation Walk Free; as an Executive Director of the Labour Party; and as Senior Advocacy Officer for Oxfam in Washington, DC.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research key issues relating to think tank and consultancy projects
- Support advocacy, events, and communications work
- Oversee website upkeep and social media
- A wide range of other tasks as required
Skills and Experience
- Strong academic record
- Digital native with strong social media skills (design skills a bonus)
- Highly organised completer/finisher
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Ability to represent the organisation to high level individuals
- Willing to undertake routine admin tasks
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in organising events
- Interest in and knowledge of artificial intelligence is highly desirable
Terms and Conditions
Initial 4 month contract with potential to extend
Pay: £1600 per month
Send your CV and a covering letter with evidence of how you meet the skills and experience requirements above to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm 1st October 2017