THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED
We are creating an exciting new leadership role at Future Advocacy! We are looking for a ‘Head of Think Tank’ focusing on the impact of Artificial Intelligence and emerging tech.
Future Advocacy is a think tank and consultancy focused on tackling humanity’s biggest challenges in the 21st Century.
Our think tank works on maximising the huge opportunities and minimising the real risks of AI and other emerging tech. We have delivered high-quality, impactful research on the ‘Future of Work’, the ‘Impact of AI in Low Income Countries’, and ‘Ethical challenges of AI in Healthcare’. Our work has received significant media coverage and political traction. Our think tank clients, funders, and collaborators include the Wellcome Trust, NHS, the Web Foundation, Open Data Institute, NewNow (an extraordinary group of global young people committed to social change) and the Pathways for Prosperity Commission (co-chaired by Melinda Gates).
Our advocacy consultancy works to amplify the advocacy impact of brilliant individuals and organisations who are striving to make the world a better place. We are skilled at advocacy strategy development; global government relations; research; policy development; and communications. Current and previous clients include the Jamie Oliver Group; the Elton John AIDS Foundation; Sarah Brown’s TheirWorld charity; and the Global Agriculture and Food Security Programme (which was launched by Barack Obama).
The Founder/CEO previously was Director of the ONE campaign across Europe for 7 years, responsible for all ONE’s policy, campaigns, digital, media, and advocacy work. He was a key architect of the Make Poverty History Campaign and staffed Bono and Bob Geldof for all their global work in relation to the G8 and G20. He has also worked as Movement Director for the anti-slavery organisation Walk Free; and as an Executive Director of the Labour Party.
HEAD OF THINK TANK: IMPACT OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & EMERGING TECH
Future Advocacy is seeking a ‘Head of Think Tank’ to lead our programme on the social, economic, and political impact of AI and other emerging tech. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to take our AI work to the next level by building a nationally and internationally renowned and influential AI and emerging tech think tank programme.
The individual will work directly alongside the Founder/CEO as part of our high performing small team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and lead a strategy for the Think Tank
- Be a thought leader on Artificial Intelligence and emerging tech within the team
- Research key issues relating to think tank projects
- Develop propositional policy ideas
- Engage with policy makers and politicians at a senior level
- Build a strong global network of business leaders, computer scientists, academics, and NGOs
- Be a spokesperson for Future Advocacy in print, broadcast, and social media
- Be responsible for project managing research and advocacy projects
- Business development and identification and securing of funding streams
- A wide range of other tasks as required
Skills and Experience
- A strong understanding of the social, economic, and political impact of AI and other emerging tech. A technical understanding of AI, computer science, and coding is highly desirable
- At least 5 years’ demonstrated track record of high-quality research and writing (could be either experience in work or in post-graduate research or a combination of both) with the ability to distil complex topics clearly for readers
- A track record of advocacy work and ability to represent the organisation to policy makers and politicians at a senior level
- A great networker able to engage with a variety of partners
- Experience of developing media strategies and being a spokesperson in traditional media
- Digital native with strong social media skills
- Highly organised completer/finisher
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Experience of management
- Experience of fundraising and business development
- Relevant degree with elements of qualitative and quantitative research
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Full time, permanent contract
- Pay: £40-£45K depending on experience plus annual bonus
- Location: London
- Starting date: ASAP
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and a covering letter with evidence of how you meet the skills and experience requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm 4th March 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.